Love Quotes


It was only a moment, but in that moment I loved you more than I will ever love anyone in a lifetime.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Separation

I wish things were different for us, wish we hadn't allowed this abyss to form between us, but this is where we stand right now, me on one side of the abyss, you on the other, and in between, a huge void, and endless pit.

In the beginning everything was so thrilling, so new. We were constantly looking out for one another, always seeking each others company, caught up in a bubble that allowed for nothing, no one else. Two lovers defying the world, and it worked. We filled that bubble with bliss, with novelty, with laughter and joy, with all the beauty we could muster. For a time we were great. But as they say, all good things must come to an end, and there is an end in every beginning. Ours came the day we allowed the world to come into our bubble. At first, we only let a bit of sun in, forgetting that with the light, dark may follow. We then let out friends in, but we forgot about jealousy, envy, discomfort, doubt and the immense power it can hold over even the strongest of man.

I think that is what started ripping our worlds apart, doubt, which then led to broken trust. You got caught up in your world and I felt you'd forgotten about me, I felt you'd taken me for granted, and I doubted you still loved me. I got caught up in my loneliness, decided to do something for me and forgot to make you part of it, so you doubted my commitment to you. We didn't trust each other with our hearts anymore, and those around us didn't help, and we let life get in the way. Work took all our time, and if it wasn't that, it was family, and friends, and social events...by the time we were done with all that, we were too tired to pay attention to us, so we drifted apart.

Now here we stand, strangers that once were the most ardent lovers. The ones who fell in love with one another no longer exist, and if they do, well, do we even want to try and get them back? We are tired, or that is what we say, just so we don't have to say the truth;, we are done fighting, when in reality, I don't think we fought for the right cause. We fought each other, not for each other.

I miss you...the one I met, the one I was with, the one who fought with me, the one I thought would stay with me until the end of time. Guess I didn't think that the end would come so soon.